Friday, June 20, 2014

Much Brain Dumpage

So hi!  Surprise!  I'm still alive, or so it seems.  I just can't manage to muster the focus for an ENTIRE EXTRA PIECE OF WRITING these days, especially one that doesn't have a grade attached to it.  I'd offer to give back my Writer Card, but I'm not sure I was issued one in the first place.
Good news!  We found a place to live.  I've been looking since April, and then at the beginning of June it seemed like I didn't have to anymore, but only for a week, when, surprise!  We still had to move!  However, two days ago a wonderful place fell into our laps, although I find myself hesitant to speak of it, in case somebody might hear me and decide it's not quite time for this saga to be over.  However however, I've also been spending a lot of time telling my son about how things aren't as scary when you fling the door open and let the sun shine in, so ... it's lovely, and the boy wants to live in the front porch swing, and it's owned by a family we know, they brought their kids up there, so their history is everywhere, which is so nice, and the view is great, and a determined person could hike through the woods to Texas Falls, and there are oxen across the road, and even though we don't officially take possession until August, we've been given permission to start a garden ASAP, which is good, because ASAP is almost too late ...
I thought my brain had more to dump, but Stockard Channing's version of Ramona's World is interfering with the firing of my synapses, and I'm determined to hit publish tonight - do or die! - so I'll be back for more dumping tomorrow, or next week, or the next time the pressure reaches that critical point.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move - it sounds fantastic! Keep dumping that brain - your fans adore you! oxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of something witty to say about the adoration of my fans, but I was driving at the time and didn't write it down. Now it's gone, probably forever, like all of my best work ... potential being so much more awesome than actuality.

      Delete
  2. "...potential being so much more awesome than actuality." I'm taking that with me--amongst other things. You and I, sister, have got a good thing goin' on. Keep on saying my truth and I'll keep loving you forever.
    Seriously. This stuff reveals precious elements for the potential in all of us.

    ReplyDelete