Monday, December 16, 2013

So the timing is pretty sweet ...

... and by sweet I mean cool, interesting, conveniently ending this semester, not sappy with flowers and snowflakes and long walks or whatever.  I have no predictions in that direction as yet.
I did, however, meet this guy for breakfast yesterday.  Breakfast at noon–thirty, but what can you expect of a Sunday that dawns on fourteen brand–new inches of snow?  Shoveling, that's what.  And a bunch of sissies who should have stayed off the road if they weren't prepared to brave a couple inches of slush.
Also, I have four–wheel–drive, but he did not, so I spent a certain amount of time waiting around on Church St.  That was nice, actually.  Even if the rest of the day had sucked, at least I got to hang out in a secondhand bookstore, which is a rare occurrence these days.  But it didn't suck.
I'm going to repeat that.  It didn't suck.  The guy had a goatee that he occasionally braids, a braid down his back, and showed up wearing overalls, and it still didn't suck.  This is progress.  I was greeted with a hug (no groping, though), and it still didn't suck.  We got coffee.  We walked around.  We went to Henry's Diner.  We debated whether American cheese actually qualifies as food, let alone cheese.  He held that the addition of soy lecithin to cheddar and colby doesn't uncheese it.  I disagreed, maintaining that American cheese is not in fact cheese at all, but thinly disguised plastic.  The waitress served our food, but forgot to give us silverware.  He walked me to my car, two blocks past his, and said he'd enjoyed himself.  I might have enjoyed myself, too.  We made plans to meet for karaoke (!?!) next week.  That could be interesting.  As my Swedish great–grandfather is often quoted as saying, "Ve vill see vat ve vill see."  It might suck.  Then again, it might not.

3 comments:

  1. You HAVE to keep us posted. Details, please!!! oxxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah!!! "It didn't suck." That's just about bliss right there.

    ReplyDelete